Internship Opportunity | Project For Empty Space/Gateway Project Spaces is offering 3 Winter/Spring Internships
Open to upperclassmen (juniors and seniors), M.A. students and Ph.D. candidates for credit only. For students interested in visual art production, arts administration, registrar tasks, collections management, art handling and general gallery administration.
- Assist with curatorial projects and programming
- Planning and preparation for exhibitions
- Work with current PES artists-in-residence
- Artist research and documentation
- Interacting with the public in front of gallery
- Opportunity to interface with artists-in-residence
- Utilize facilities within a total of 30,000 square feet including 60 art studios/workspaces
- Interact with gallery clients, curators, critics, and creative professionals
- Develop understanding of non-profit gallery fundamentals
- Cultivate relationships with artists and art professionals
Duration: Selected interns will assist 1-3 days per week for the duration of internship.
Candidates are required to have a basic grasp of art and art history, as well as strong research, writing, and editing skills. Knowledge and/or experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is not required, but is a plus.
Compensation: Interns who complete the internship will receive school credit.
Application: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com